WhatsUp Gold v14 System Requirements
Following are the system requirements for WhatsUp Gold. If you still have questions about setting up WhatsUp Gold in your network environment please feel welcome to contact us.
About Virtual machines: WhatsUp Gold can be installed and will operate on virtual machines powered by VMware and Microsoft Virtual Server, as long as the virtual server's resources meet that of the WhatsUp Gold system requirements.
- 32-bit and 64-bit support for the following OS versions: Windows XP Professional SP2 (or later), Windows Server 2003 SP2 (or later), Windows Vista Ultimate (SP2 recommended), Windows Vista Business (SP2 recommended), or Windows Server 2008 (SP2 recommended)
- 32-bit and 64-bit support for the following virtual server environments: VMWare ESXi 3.0 or later and Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition (included), SQL Server 2005 Standard or Enterprise Edition or MS SQL Server 2008 Standard or Enterprise Edition (optional)
- Important: WhatsUp Gold does not support non-English versions of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
- WhatsUp Gold Web interface, Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0, Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0, or Firefox 3.0
- WhatsUp Gold Mobile interface, Mobile Safari 2.2, Microsoft Internet Explorer Mobile 6.1, or Opera Mini 4.2
- Microsoft. NET Framework 3.5 (required), Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 included in install
- Microsoft Windows Scripting Host v5.7 (or later)
- Note: Windows Scripting Host is installed with the Windows operating system. To verify your version, run cscript.exe at a command prompt. If you need to update Windows Scripting Host, refer to the Microsoft Windows Scripting Host site.
- Microsoft SAPI 5.1 (required for Text to Speech actions)
Minimum Hardware Requirements
|Processor(s)||WhatsUp Gold: Dual-core
Flow Monitor: Quad-core
|WhatsUp Gold: Single-core
Flow Monitor: Dual-core
|Processor Speed||2 GHz or more||2 GHz|
|RAM||WhatsUp Gold: 4 GB
Flow Monitor: +4 GB
|WhatsUp Gold: 2 GB
Flow Monitor: +2 GB
|Hard drive space for application, SQL Server Express Edition dbase application, and supporting framework||3 GB||2 GB|
|Hard drive space for dbase and dbase logs||WhatsUp Gold: 8 GB
or more Flow Monitor: +16 GB or more
|WhatsUp Gold: 4 GB
Flow Monitor: +8 GB
|Network interface card||1 Gbps||100 Mbps|
|CD-ROM or DVD-ROM||Required if installing from CD-ROM. Not required for download installations.||Required if installing from CD-ROM. Not required for download installations.|
|Video display resolution||1280 x 1024 or higher||1024 x 768|
|Sound card||SAPI-capable sound card required for Text-to-Speech actions||Not required|
|Modem and phone line||Required for pager, SMS, and beeper actions; modem pooling is not supported||Not required|
|GSM modem||Required for SMS Direct actions||Not required|
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Requirements
- SSEE supports up to 4 GB database size and up to 1 GB RAM for the buffer pool. Ensure sufficient disk capacity is available for data storage.
- Note: SSEE supports one CPU. In computers with multiple CPUs, SSEE utilizes only one processor.